Heritage Interpreter – Full time job posting
The Gulf of Georgia Cannery, built in 1894 in the historic village of Steveston, is a living monument to the individuals involved in B.C.’s fishing industry. The site is operated by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, an independent, non-profit society and registered charity. The site is open to the public year-round, and welcomes over 46,000 visitors each year.
We are currently seeking outgoing individuals to join our Heritage Interpreter team of front line staff, dedicated to providing exemplary customer service while presenting the site to our visitors.
Reporting to the Marketing & Visitor Services Manager, responsibilities include:
- Delivering site tours and educational programs
- Performing front desk duties, including greeting visitors, responding to visitor enquiries, and conducting admission and Cannery Store transactions
- Assist with special events
- Assist with retail shop duties
- Excellent customer service skills; previous public speaking experience an asset
- Previous experience working with children an asset
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in French or additional languages is an asset
- A criminal record check is required
This is a permanent full time position Sunday to Thursday that may include some holidays and occasional evenings.
Starting wage is $12 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacations and possibility for additional benefits.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Mimi Horita, Marketing & Visitor Services Manager
Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society
12138 Fourth Avenue Richmond, BC V7E 3J1
Deadline to apply: March 2, 2014
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.